Litlove tagged me. As I tagged her recently it would be rude not to post so here goes:
1) To make sense of a confusing period of change in Publishing: By far the most important reason for me is to sort ideas in my mind, write them down have others discuss/argue them and basically make sure I know what I am thinking when it comes to publishing.
2) To find out what others are saying about Publishing: You know it sounds like one but actually it is different. Commentators on this blog have led me far and wide in my search for the changes and the changers that are shaping the industry I hope to work in for many years to come. Reading other blogs has also opened doors to other perspectives.
3) To be part of the conversation: the last thing I’d want is for these changes to happen with no input from me. That way massive shifts might occur without me having any impact. Sure there is little I can do as a single individual but I’d still like my view to be heard and my opinion to be considered. Blogging helps that happen.
4) To help build my profile: This is a guilty one because who likes selling themselves. Let’s face it though, the world is a big place and the more you can build your profile in it the better. I won’t pretend for a second that I am making waves but at least some people are paying attention.
5) Because its fun: I enjoying it. Need I say more?
3 thoughts on “5 reasons why I blog”
You see? I knew it would be interesting. Thank you for playing, Eoin! That’s a fine set of reasons you have there.
Indeed it was interesting. It was a pleasure Litlove!
Oh, no! Tagged. This is going to have to wait until after this manic bank holiday weekend! Well done on the reasons, Eoin. Will be hard to top that…